Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fearless + Kind = Happy when we use Tarot

How did I get to happy from where I was using tarot as a key tool? Tarot showed me the way. Tarot showed me how to be fearless about leading the life that was meaningful and rich to me, I did the leg work and I was kind. When I wobbled as I did just last week preparing this presentation I turned to the tarot and stilled the old voices of hell revving up in my head. I took my hand out of the cookie jar and stashed the credit card because those activities after a while are simply not kind.
 I thought about my accomplishments and how I help people and how they help me. The voice that I chose to listen to was happy, fearless and kind spreading into content. It is interesting that two wand cards showed up in my three card spread. Author Rose Gwain states in “Discovering Your Self Through the Tarot” that we feel content when we are in alignment with our fire energy. For me that equates to being happy.

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” Dennis Waitley


Again using the Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert I pulled the third card of this spread for: What does happy mean or look like for me at this time? Up popped the Child of Fire. There he is with his cat at his side toasting his hands over an open fire. Glee and curiosity are written all over his face. And isn’t that just the picture of happiness? Tarot offers me the gift of spiritual connection, curiosity, learning, connection and warmth every time I pick up the deck. My business has grown beyond my wildest dreams. My personal life is rich with people and connections. My eldest son summed it up one day as I was vacuuming the house. He said “I didn’t know that you could vacuum without yelling Mom!” I laughed. I didn’t know I could either and it feels great. Tarot helps us find answers, connect to our community and our spiritual path. I am a student of life warming to the idea of living life as an adventure. Please pull a card and share it with us here in the comments. 




And finally here are five questions using the suits that you might enjoy answering:
1.   How does the suit of cups help you to intuitively see what else is happening in a situation so that you can respond with care and kindness?
2.   How does the suit of Wands help you find contentment within so that you can respond with kindness?
3.   How does the suit of Pentacles help you keep your feet on the ground and look after the basics and be kind to yourself?
4.   How does the suit of Swords help you see your own words and find a the kinder path?
5.   How does the tarot foster a kind way of interacting with others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment